Housing Associations

First check that you have given the association all the information they need or have asked for. Then work through the following steps until you are satisfied that your complaint has been properly dealt with:

• Contact the officer who dealt with you and discuss your concerns. At this stage it is worth asking for a copy of the association's complaints procedure.

• If you are not satisfied, make a formal complaint, request information on their specific procedures on how to do this.

• The Scottish Housing Regulator provides information on making a complaint about a regulated body, it also sets out what the regulator can and cannot do about your complaint (see useful contacts section).

• It can often be helpful to seek your local councillor's help in pursuing your complaint.

• If, after following all these steps, you are still not satisfied, write to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (see useful contacts section).

Video transcript:


Share this